martes, 21 de octubre de 2014

2ND BACH: KEY TO MIXED TENSES

SUGGESTED ANSWERS(THERE ARE OTHER POSSIBLE ANSWERS):
• At this time next week we 1. WILL BE SIPPING drinks by the pool.
• The moment I 2. CLOSED the door I realized I 3. HADN’T TURNED off the cooker.
• She 4. BUMPED into her ex-boyfriend as she 5. WAS STROLLING along the main street.
• The news 6. IS COMING in that a plane 7. HAS CRASHED into the Pacific. It is yet difficult to
assess the number of victims.
• We 8. HAVE BEEN WORKING on this project for a few months now, it seems that we 9. WILL
HAVE FINISHED by next Friday.
• Sue 10. HAS BEEN GARDENING all day today. She 11. HAS PLANTED three rose bushes and
12. (HAS) RAKED the whole lawn.
• I 13. WAS LOOKING forward to the opera last weekend as I 14. HAD NEVER SEEN Turandot
on stage before.
• We 15. WERE late yesterday because nobody 16. HAD TOLD us that the meeting 17.
WOULD TAKE place earlier than usual.
• When John 18. FOUND the dog, it 19. WAS SITTING on the pavement in front of the
greengrocer’s.
• Next month my parents 20. WILL HAVE BEEN married for forty-five years.
• It wasn’t surprising Tom 21. GOT sacked from the job. He 22. HADN’T ACOMPLISHED a
single task correctly.
• Our town 23. HAS CHANGED massively since the first time we 24. CAME to live here.
• Is it really the first time you 25. HAVE HEARD of Jim Carrey?
• They 26. WILL BUY the car only if the banks 27. OFFERS them the loan.
• I miss him a lot. He often 28. SAT on the sofa talking about all the adventures he 29. HAD
HAD in his long life.
• When I was at school we all 30. WORE uniforms and 31. STUDIED hard.
• My aunt 32. HAS HAD a hard life but she never complains.
• When I first 33. MET Susan, she 34. HAD BEEN DOING research in biology for two years.
• We 35. HAD LIVED in Oxford for five years until I 36. WAS sixteen.
• Look at the data. The unemployment 37. IS GOING TO RISE again in the months to come.
• Peter 38. WAS WASHING up while his wife 39. WAS WATCHING her favourite soap.
• This house 40. HAS STOOD here ever since I can remember.
• Phil was totally exhausted and 41. FOUND it difficult to move as he 42. HAD BEEN DIGGING
in the garden all day.
• We’d better hurry. The show 43. STARTS at 8 pm and we 44. HAVEN’T PAID for the tickets
yet.
• My brother 45. HAS DECIDED that he 46. IS GOING TO TRAVEL around the world on his
motorbike. He 47. IS SETTING off next week.
• Don’t lend her this book as she 48. HAS READ it already.
• Last week you 49. PROMISED me that it 50. WOULD HAVE FINISHED by today

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario