Are Rachel and Vicky going to America?
What has happened?
What are you going to complain about?
How long will the meeting last?
- Who has been
looking for David 20 minutes?
- Who has John been
looking for 20 minutes?
1. She may not be John’s sister.
2. We may go on a pilgrimage next month.
3. She could read when she was just two.
4. You need not pay the bill.
5. They must have already left.
6. He may pass his driving test easily.
7. He may/ might have forgotten to bring the book.
8. Nobody answered the phone; they must have gone out .
9. He must be over sixty.
10. They need not have bought a new car.
- The city has a 50 kph limit. However, people are often caught speeding.
- In spite of / despite his car accident, Gabi isn’t afraid of driving.
- In spite of / despite her hard work, Ana didn’t get a bonus.
- We couldn’t find a house to buy even though we looked at many.
- Some people enjoy city life, while / whereas others prefer the quiet of the countryside.
- The armchair is very comfortable, while / whereas the sofa is not.
- The driver drove through red light. Consequently / As a result ,he was given a ticket.
- She had a talent for design. Therefore, she joined a fashion company that makes clothes.
- Ronen’s parents are aware of his special love for animals. Consequently / As a result, they bought him two rabbits and one cat.
- As a result of / Due to her successful performance, many producers called her.
- Tal never studies before tests. Consequently / As a result, his grades are very low.
- Because / Since / As I have finished reading all my library books, I’ll have to borrow some more.
- Many voters are angry with him Because / Since / As he hasn’t kept any of his election promises.
- Although / Even though you are extremely busy, you should still try to fine time to come to the meeting.
- Due to / On account of the heavy traffic in cities, we should improve the railway system.
- Tomer went to summer school in London in order to improve his spoken English.
- Ellen traveled to Jerusalem by train so that she could enjoy the scenery on the way.
- Many roads need repair Due to / On account of / because of the unusually heavy rainfall.
- In order to turn on this machine, please press the “power” button.
- Certain diseases, such as malaria and sleeping sickness, are carried by insects.
- Football is a very popular sport in Europe. For example / For instance, many people enjoy basketball.
- In addition to being a lawyer, John Grisham is also an author.
- It’s often quicker to travel by train than by car or bus. In addition / Moreover / Furthermore, it’s usually cheaper too.
- Some languages, such as French and Italian, are based on Latin.
- Newspapers offer the reader a wide variety of articles, such as news, sports, and important announcements.
- All the students enjoyed the hike except for / besides Yossi, who fell and injured his ankle.
- What other languages do you know except for / besides English and Italian?